I thought packing for the hospital and preparing for the arrival of baby 2 would be a breeze. Then reality hit! I couldn’t remember what I had taken to the hospital when I had Sawyer, what I used and didn’t use, so I started looking for different lists and eventually came up with my own.
Comfy Clothes: I decided to take different kinds of outfits, because I didn’t know if I would feel like wearing pants or if a gown (not a hospital gown) would be better after delivery.
Elephant Organics gifted me bamboo pjs:
- Ladies Button Down Pajama Top: I chose this top because it looked comfy and it would be breastfeeding friendly. They have this top in multiple colors, so if pink isnt for you, you can choose something you do like.
- Ladies Sleep Pant: These pants complimented the shirt and I didn’t think I would want to wear leggings with the “diapers” you have to wear after giving birth. These also come in multiple colors.
I was gifted two different gowns from Doz Sleepwear :
- Doz Sleep Dress: I absolutely love this sleep dress, it is so soft and fits your body perfectly. I love that it has buttons down the top that you can undo or keep buttoned to make you more comfortable. This comes in multiple colors and styles.
- Doz Haus Coat: Having the haus coat is another great piece for breastfeedin. The buttons easily come undone and you don’t have to fight with a bunch of material to feed the baby. Not into breastfeeding? You’ll love this haus coat just for lounging and relaxing!
You can use coupon code: doz4chevone for 15% off your purchase!
Hot Milk: gifted me the Show Off Wire Free Nursing Bra. I absolutely love this bra because it feels and looks like a normal bra. It doesn’t have the frumpy feeling that a lot of nursing bras can give and it fits better under most of my clothes. Which means I can still wear cute, yet breastfeeding-functional clothing and won’t have to worry about my bra poking out.
You! Lingerie gifted me the Naya Maternity and Nursing Bra. I love this because it’s a racerback bra, it provides some support, and again like the Show Off Bra, it doesn’t give me the frumpy feeling that a lot of nursing bras do!
Mama Going Home Outfit: Babies usually get all the fun and get a special going home outfit. Since I partner with Cricut and I have a Maker, I decided to make my own going home outfit. I purchased a plain sweatshirt and sweats off of Amazon and created my own design. You can see my going home outfit here.
Nurtured 9 sent me a luxurious, curated box, full of gifts and essentials. There are different boxes that you can choose from or you can create your own. I received the Hospital Bag Giftbox. The Hospital Gift Bag Box included:
- A robe
- Lip balm
- Earth Mama Organics Nipple Butter
- 5-in-One multi-use cover (nursing and carseat cover)
- Essential Lavender Hydrating Tonic – a spray for your face when you’re feeling dehydrated
- Nurtured 9 “Just For You, Mama” Hospital Bag
I absolutely love that this box came with all of these products.I moved them from the shipping box, right into the bag!
Skin Care: I can’t travel anywhere without my skincare, even just overnight. I need to be able to cleanse my skin and moisturize. I’m Tula Ambassador and have all of their full size products, but I didn’t want to have to worry about grabbing those items while I was in labor. Luckily they have travel sizes! I received the Discovery Kit that includes :
- The Cult Classic Purifying Face Cleanser
- Get Toned Pro-Glycolic Resurfacing Toner
- Hello Radiance Illuminating Serum
- 24-7 Moisture Hydrating Day & Night Cream
- Limited Edition TULA Travel Bag
Shampoo & Conditioner, Bodywash, Deodorant, Toothbrush, Toothpaste : Target has a great selection of on-the-go toiletries, so I grabbed mini sized shampoo and conditioner from the travel section. I don’t wash my hair everyday and I normally use more high end products, but for one day this will work. For body wash, they also carry a lot of the travel sizes in the organic and all natural brands, which is what I use. Deodorant is the basic Degree brand, but in tiny size. And for toothbrushes and toothpaste, they had a kit that came with 2 of each. Perfect for Mom and Dad!
These were the most important items for me.